Are you still figuring out how to show that badass woman in your life how much her countless hours of motherhood mean to you? Now c’mon — being a mom is hard work, and she deserves nothing but the best. So wine not rosé?! With the beautiful spring weather finally shining through the rainy, Oregon winter, it is the perfect time to open a bottle of 2017 Wine by Joe Rosé of Pinot Noir. It pairs well with any occasion, so no matter if you are having a backyard BBQ or a fancy dinner for that special lady, give her the gift of Wine By Joe. It’s mom’s turn to relax and wine a little.
We recommend pairing the 2017 Wine by Joe Rosé of Pinot Noir with a beautiful charcuterie board in the sunshine or this creamy smoked salmon pasta recipe below. If you are heading out for a fun adventure for Mother’s Day, pack a couple of Joe to Go cans to still enjoy rosé all day to celebrate her!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta (Choose mom’s favorite kind)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce is smooth. Stir in peas, mushrooms and chives, and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over pasta.
Cheers to all those amazing moms out there!